Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Mr. Turtle



















We were out doing yard work Saturday and found a little friend- Mr. Turtle! This is the third or fourth turtle we have found in our yard, but still everytime we find one I get excited! Jace was facinated by it and actually dared to hold it this time (last time we caught one, he was afraid of it). So of course I had to take some wicked cool pictures of it! Erica thought it was cool too, since she has only seen one other turtle out here and it wasn't nearly as 'cute' and little as this one. And she got some pretty sweet shots of the turtle, too with her point and shoot. It has a macro mode, and I only had my 35mm lens on (no zoom!) so I couldn't get any really close shots. Makes me want a Macro lens (add that to the end of my very long photography equipment wish list). But did she get this beautiful bokeh? Nope, so there Erica! My camera is better than yours! Just kidding... But really it is... it better be!


Well, hope you enjoy seeing our new little friend. We did let him go, by the way. I really wanted to keep him, but seeing as I can't keep a plant alive for more than a week in my house, I probably better steer clear of having pet turtles.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

These are so cute Mandy! That was one thing I loved about Virgina! The turtles. I hadn't seen them before other than in a pet store so it was a cook experience. Once, while driving, I saw one trying to cross a busy road. I pulled over despite the traffic (much to the anoyance of my driving companion) and picked him up and helped him across. A cop happened by and pulled over and asked me what the heck I was doing. When I told him, he laughed and shook his head and let me go. I think he thought I was nuts. . .but you're right. They are so cool and cute that I couldn't let it get hit!
Okay, sorry for that long message. I think these are so pretty. Great shots! And what a fun subject!