Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Big news...




VERY exciting news for our family- we are the proud owners of a brand new 2008 Toyota Sienna! Perhaps you are saying to yourselves "What's the big deal? It is just a minivan." Oh no, my friends. It just so happens that inside this bad boy is the same v6 engine that comes in the fancy-shmancy Lexus. I am sure that is what the Toyota salesmen tell all of their mini van buying clients to make them feel better about driving a minivan. It definitely worked for me! After all, aren't we always told it is what's on the inside that counts? And let me tell you, it feels good to drive a Lexus!


In all seriousness though, we are so excited about this! Well, at least I am. I think Tim is still getting over the shock of it all. This is our first brand new car- I never thought I would see the day! And with a 6 year/100,000 mile warranty on this, it is so nice to know that we will actually be able to drive a car without the worry that it is going to break down (and if it does, it is covered!). I won't bore you all with the endless problems we have had with past cars, but gosh this feels good!


I hope I don't sound like I am bragging- it has taken us a while to get to this point where we could take the plunge and get a new car so we are just really excited. And having a real car payment (since paying off Tim's $1500 Tercel hardly counts) is going to be a little painful. But with good care and luck, this car will be with us for a while. And I am so excited that I can actually fit my barrel and my big yellow chair in this vehicle- showing up at photoshoots with a chair half hanging out of the trunk, tied down with bungee cords just wasn't cutting it.


By the way, no, I am not pregnant. I have had a few people wonder that since hearing about our upgrade to the minivan. But we are just thinking ahead, since it probably won't be too long before we have #3.


It was a little sad saying goodbye to our Malibu, though. Last night we were watching TV and Tim had this faraway look on his face. I asked him what was the matter and he said he was just thinking about our Malibu, sitting there all alone in the McGeorge Toyota parking lot, surrounded by fancy Toyota's and Scions (who were probably mocking him), wondering what it did to deserve this abandonment. We went through so much together. It is a little sad...
Naahhh, I'm over it.


One other item of big news- My new site is LIVE!!! Check it out at mandycarroll.com and let me know what you think. I am so very happy with it! I will be putting up a big contest in the next few days on my bus blog, so be sure to make your way over there to give your non-biased votes!

And now, I am off to find an excuse to go drive my new van- Hmmmm... We can always use something from food lion, right?

3 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats on your new car!!! Yay for mini vans that drive like a Lexus. :) When we bought our Sentra last summer, we started browsing Nissan's mini van a little. The dealer told us that the engine was the same engine that they put in the Z (the Nissan sports car). Like you said, makes you feel good to know that you are a sports car on the inside. We are coming to town in a few weeks, so maybe you can take us for a spin! (We'll promise to behave while you are driving.)

Keiauni said...

welcome to a very exclusive club...

I'm sure you'll fit right in.(j/k)

Hey, seriously... I never thought that I would say this, but I can't live without my van, and even though I kinda thought I was a dork for only having 2 kids and owning one, I have been soo happy to have all that space. (soccer Moms need a ton of space, right?)

...and yes it is a lifesaver with #3, and keeping her seperated from 2 very "loving" brothers.. tee hee!

Melanie said...

Congrats! I really LOVE our Sienna and after forcing myself to get a minivan, I will never go back (until the kids are grown and gone). We have loved traveling in ours and even grocery shopping isn't such a nightmare. Enjoy the new ride!