Pages

Monday, October 29, 2007

Suckers












It rained here all last week so out of pure boredom after being holed up in the house we resorted to what else? Photos, of course! It was really dark, so I decided to get a little creative with my light. So, I shut all the blinds and drapes in the house to get it nice and dark, then opened up the front door to light the boys. And since I knew Ethan would try to crawl out the door, I pulled out the dum-dums to keep him occupied. Yes, I like to start my kids on dum-dums early. Recent studies have shown that the sugar in dum-dums is great for promoting brain development in infants. I am kidding of course- but I like to pretend it is true so I don't feel so guilty! I know this will make my dad (he's a dentist) cringe though, watching Ethan chew on this dental death stick with his one new baby tooth. Yikes- sorry dad! I promise I brushed his teeth(no, tooth) when we were all done!
I love these though- especially those first three shots! It is tough getting a shot of the two of them together so I was proud of myself! And I love the shot of Jace's eyelashes- don't kids always have the most amazing lashes? Especially boys- it is so unfair! These were all taken with my 35mm lens, with me sitting on the first step of our porch while the rain from our gutters dripped down the back of my shirt. I got soaked, but it was worth it!
If I don't post again before then, have a Happy Halloween everyone! And be sure to check out the contest over on my business blog! You can all enter this one!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Ok, so I need to check your blog more often. I'm a little behind and all of your blog posts are so cute!!! The writing is just great, and well, you know how I feel about your pictures.

We have been having fun with dum-dums these days. Davin loves them and we thought they would make a great "potty treat." Instead, he has become a sugar addict. Of course, the only bag I could find at Target was the 300 suckers bag and Davin knows where it is at. He drags me there all of the time. Fortunately, Halloween is coming up and we can give them to other kids and their parents to deal with. However, Davin is likely to earn back just as much candy, so I guess there is no end in sight. Dentists everywhere groan collectively!

Melanie said...

These are so cute, Mandy. During this time of year, all concern for sugar goes flying out the window. We obviously brush our kids' teeth regularly, but it seems like Eli's always got some sort of sugary garbage he's sucking on.
I think it was worth the risk to get these photos! Very cute and totally worth it! And I can't believe how much Ethan has grown already. He's looking like a little boy already and not a baby. They're both such cute boys.

Anonymous said...

aww, how cute are they, I love the black white conversions the tones in them are perfect.

Nicole K said...

Your lighting is beautiful and so are your boys! It definitely looks like they enjoyed themselves! Wonderful captures! :)

mandy carroll said...

Thanks for the comments Katie, Mel, Jennifer and Nicole!