Pages

Monday, November 26, 2007

Eye candy...

























Just some random test shots with the Macro. I am loving this lens- so fun! The first shot was taken in our front yard- our new baby grass had dew drops on it. Tim pointed it out to me on his way out to work one morning. So I headed out there in my PJs, headband, and coat to get this shot, waving at the neighbors as they passed by and wondered why in the heck I was taking pictures of our grass LOL! Just to give you some perspective, this blade of grass was about the width of dental floss- teeny-tiny! Amazing that I can get that close! I only wish that the dew drop was on the other side, but alas, this is the only shot of the 40 or so that I took that was in focus. The rest are just taken of random branches and plants growing in the jungle next to our yard. And Katie, you may recognize this flower! The little bud was about the size of my pinkie nail!
Okay, I am done for today! Ethan is not cooperating too well with Productivity day this afternoon (come on, bud, didn't you get the memo?) But I did get lots done this morning. Hopefully I will stay caught up now!
Until next time!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I think these are spectacular. I've been going back and forth between a flash (winter always makes me think I need a flash) and a 100mm macro. I had recently decided on the macro and your photos just confirmed it! I LOVE looking at these and I've always had a special place in my heart for macro photography. I even remember trying to use my point and shoot film camera (long before I knew ANYTHING about photography) when Eli was just a baby trying to get really close and get "macro" shots of his little toes, face, etc. It didn't quite work out the way I planned. D-uh.
These really are beautiful and that blade of grass one. . .so cool!