Pages

Monday, November 26, 2007

New Lenses...















I am sure those of you who have talked to me in the last few weeks have already heard about my new lenses, since I talk about them as much as I talk about my kids! Well, those who don't know, I added a Nikkor 60mm 2.8 Macro and a Nikkor 17-55 2.8 wide angle zoom to the Mandy Carroll Photography family. It seems crazy to me that these two lenses together cost more than Tim's car (which I guess isn't saying much!) but they are awesome lenses, definitely worth the investment! I know they will both be very useful for the business, but lately I have had so much fun just playing with them- especially the Macro lens! It is unbelievably sharp and the detail is amazing! It is going to take some practice to master it though- the depth of field is so narrow that if I move even a millimeter it messes up my focus. Hopefully I will get it down though- it will make a great lens for those detail shots on newborns (fingernails, flaky skin...) So here are some fun, around-the-house shots with my lenses... The first taken with the 17-55 at both extremes, and the rest with the Macro. Have to give credit to Tim for the last shot- he took this while playing with the lens at the dinner table. Have you ever seen a more beautiful shot of fruit salad? Makes my mouth water:)
A few more to come...

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Congrats on the new lenses! These are awesome! I can't wait to get mine and you're seriously making me antsy! ;)