Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

1 Down, 83 To Go


So I read the Body for Life book and decided to do the program with Tim. And today was our first day. So how did it go, you ask?

I am hungry. And my armpits(or pecks... whatever those muscles are) are sore. And I can't get the sweet vanilla taste of protein shake out of my mouth. But otherwise, it went really well! And really, you eat quite a bit with this program (6Xs a day) so I am certainly not starving. But they are small meals. And I am used to having bigger meals and feeling full so the absence of that feeling is an adjustment for me. But I am sure I will get used to it. And the great thing with this program is you get 1 free day per week where you can eat whatever you want! Woohoo!

We took our before photos Saturday and it was really depressing. Honestly, I don't care who you are- no woman wants to see a photo of themselves in a two piece in bad lighting and no use of the liquify tool in photoshop. I guarantee even Heidi Klum gets some liquification on her photos. I am not complaining about being fat by any means, but I am not very fit. And I really want to be fit. So hopefully this will help me get over my sheman fear and have a nice toned body for the summer. At least for a few months- then I will probably be pregnant again and have to start all over (this time with added stretch marks for my before photo- great.) Kinda sounds like my theme song should be Carly Simon's "You're So Vain", but I really just want to feel healthy and fit. And be able to beat Tim in an arm wrestle. And maybe compete on American Gladiators with a name like "Aurora Thunder". That is all I want...


Updates to come- we got 8 inches of snow last night and I have a bigger and better snowman to post...

3 comments:

Aly said...

Mandy,

Good for you guys. Kyle and I are doing P90X (pretty similar to Body for Life). I must admit that he is keeping up with it much better than I am, but I'm making an effort. The baby fat is not melting away this third time as fast as it did with the first two. Something about turning 30 and a lower metabolism, I guess. I haven't seen you in person in a while, but in pictures you look wonderful. Here's to being healthy and fit in 2009! Aly

Leah Miller said...

I did Body for Life in college. I actually really liked it...after I got used to it. It was a bit of a shocker, especially the first week. Good luck!

MediocreMama said...

Good for you...I'm seven months pregnant and eating a cookie as I type this...

I've also wanted to try P90X once the baby comes. I've seen miraculous results with people I actually know. Not like the time I got sucked into Health Rider infommercials and asked for one for Christmas.

This sounds like the real deal. Good luck and keep us posted. I'll just finish this cookie and keep looking at blogs.