Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Let's talk music..

My IPod has gotten a lot of use since I got it last summer. I listen to it in the car, while working/surfing at my computer, when I run, clean and cook- so basically I listen to it any time I am not sleeping. I focus better when I have music to listen to. But I am getting a little tired of my music and I need some suggestions for some new stuff. Can you all help me out? I am pretty desperate- I even downloaded some weird Indie music from a guy called Mika a few weeks ago- but I am now regretting it. I do like some Indie, but Mika was just a bit too weird for me. I like all kinds of music(except Heavy Metal/But Rock)- here is a list of some of the music on my IPod right now:

LOVES: Better Than Ezra, Lifehouse, Mat Kearney, John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Keane, Indigo Girls, Cold Play, Collective Soul, Tori Amos
LIKES: U2, The Fray, One Republic, Snow Patrol, Faith Hill, George Strait, Alan Jackson, Daughtry, Rascal Flats, Death Cab for Cutie, Adele, Cranberries, James Blunt, Jason Mraz, Rob Thomas, Feist, Leona Lewis
LIKE(but can't listen to too often): The Shins, Pearl Jam, Dixie Chicks, Nora Jones, Sara McLaclan, Colbie Caillat, Dave Mathews (with the exception of Ants Marching- I love that song)

I know there is new music that I have not yet discovered and there is also old music that I like that I have just forgotten about. For example, a good friend of mine reminded me of Alanis Morisette a few weeks ago- I can't believe I forgot about her! I used to love her, in fact that was the first concert I ever went to (no wait, that was REM- ahhh, good times! Maybe I should download Everybody Hurts or Shiny Happy People for old times sake?) Anyways, I am open to any and all suggestions!

And now I have one song to suggest to you all:
Mat Kearney's new single
I LOVE this song- I have listened to it so many times over the last few days! I actually didn't love Mat Kearney when Tim first introduced me to him, but he has grown on me and is now one of my faves. The same is true with BTE and Collective Soul- two of Tim's favorites that I now love! If only I could get Tim to make it through a Tori Amos song maybe he would grow to love her too...

My appologies if this double posts from YouTube- they always seem to have issues when I try to post from there.

Happy listening everyone! Photos to follow soon...

8 comments:

Aly said...

Mandy,

We have a very similar taste in music! My playlist on my ipod right now has a lot of Joshua Radin, Missy Higgins, John Legend, Bon Iver, Ben Folds, and Iron and Wine.

I also really like the Counting Crows, The Fray, Gin Blossoms, Regina Spektor, and One Republic.

Kyle has a good friend who loves to review music and has really good taste in music. Here's a link to his music blog- pretty fun to follow.

www.thedmansmusic.blogspot.com

Hope you guys are doing well! Aly

mandy carroll said...

Oooh, good suggestions Aly! I am off to check them out! Thanks!

Melanie said...

I don't think I saw Carey Brothers on that list. He's awesome. In fact, Eli and Isaac love his song, "Glass Parade" and listen to it constantly. Also, a new and fun one I've loved has been A Fine Frenzy. She's really different and unique and she's grown on me a ton. Seth and I also love The Perishers. Great different but not weird stuff.

House Of P said...

We really like Santana, KT Tunstall, Carbon Leaf and Joe Strummer. Otherwise, it's been really song specific for us, including selections by: Maroon 5, Blink182, Evenescence, Avril Lavigne, Moby and Seal. It doesn't seem to fit with your tastes, but Ottmar Liebert (Spanish Guitar) and Fourplay (Contemporary Jazz) are outstanding. For something a lot harder, I recommend Tony MacAlpine (better, in my opinion, than Joe Satriani).

Mr. P

mandy carroll said...

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I'm excited to check into those- a lot of those I have never heard of!

And Mr. P(haha), lots of stuff is very song specific for me too- though I wonder if I just don't give some music enough time to grow on me (some of my favorite music I didn't love at first) But at the same time, you hate to purchase a whole album only to decide you don't like it.

Leanne said...

Barenaked Ladies. I love them.

Katie said...

Coldplay is coming to concert in Charlotte. Any chance we could tempt you to join us? :)

mandy carroll said...

Katie- that sounds like an awfully good excuse to come to NC to visit:) I will see what Tim says- he is not a huge Coldplay fan, but I will beg! That would be so fun!