Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

The J Man





Today I got around to editing the photos I took of Jace a few days ago and it was a good day to do it. Jace had a bit of a rough day today- so did I. This afternoon after I told him to stop throwing the ball in the house he kicked me in the shin and said "I'm gonna dang you!" I am not sure what that means but it sure didn't sound nice! He had a nice long time out in his room and chat with his Dad afterwards. No more dangin' mom (and Mom needs to stop using that word!) So, it is nice for me to look at his cute smile and remember that moments like we had today are just moments- most of the time Jace is a sweet and hilarious 5 year old boy! Here are some of the things I love about my little J dude:


1- I love when he kisses me goodnight. And tells me "Don't let the spider-chicken-elephant-teranadon-monster-snake-walrus bugs bite." It is a different list of random animals every night. And I am always surprised at what makes the list!

2- I love when he plays theme songs on the piano. Or tries to figure out the tune to Primary songs or Christmas songs and then after a few tries I hear him say "Awww, forget it!" Although I encourage him to keep trying, it makes me laugh every time. He is quite the pianist!

3- I love when he talks about his "wildest dreams coming true," a phrase he has picked up lately. Only his wildest dreams right now usually consist of getting to wear his spiderman shirt or having a PB&H sandwich for the second day in a row. Way to dream big, buddy!

4- I love watching him read- it is so amazing to me! Especially when we read scriptures and he picks up words like "salvation" or "prosperous." And I love the proud smile on his face after we tell him good job.

5- I love making up stories with Jace. For example- one of our favorites is about 7 superhero friends, named Batman, Spiderman, Superman, Ironman, Buzz Lightyear, Luke Skywalker and Mr. Incredible(this list grows longer every month). These friends journey to a planet called Arkintack (Jace made up that name) and go hiking in the woods where they run into an old abandoned magical hideout filled with all kinds of special weapons and spy equipment to use on all their bad guys (I won't go into the lengthy bad guy list). So they fly the weapons back to the Metropolis City Museum (or Gotham City Bank) and get 'em! Then the police come pick up the bad guys, throw them in jail and the super seven fly back to Arkintack and have a hot pizza in the magical house. All in a days work! Today the super seven found a time machine and went back to the time of dinosaurs where they met a Triceratops that had FOUR horns (imagine that!) and Spiderman was so scared that he stayed inside the time machine and hung out on the ceiling. Because he can do that. But most of all I love the smile pasted to Jace's face for the entire story:)

6- I love when Jace draws sweet things for me. Last week he led me outside to show me this:



7- I love watching Jace watch NBA/NCAA highlights with his dad in the morning. I love seeing how much he looks up to Tim- and how he roots for the Utah Jazz. Oh, and i especially love when he tries to sing our Alma mater fight song (UTAH STATE HEY AGGIES ALL THE WAY... GO WAGGIES GO WAGGIES HEY HEY HEY!!!)

8- I love watching his tricks, which lately consist of break dancing(to this song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFX2pk-FtEU), doing handstands, and, one he just picked up today, juggling plastic grocery bags (after saying "Ladies and Gentlemen! Presenting Jace Juggling!" and then breaking into this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8vINCq_IAI). Funny kid!

So yeah, we have our moments, but gosh I love this boy! And I feel so blessed to be his mom! And just check out his handsome eyes- just like his dad's:)

I will post Ethan's set tomorrow- Until then!

8 comments:

Katie said...

Gorgeous pictures, Mandy! How do you do your backgrounds? Jace is one of my favorite little guys. I can't believe that he is five, though! I keep thinking that he is three, which is how old he was when we left. He is definitely becoming quite the handsome little guy!

House Of P said...

I read these together with A and he busted up at the goodnight animal bites. Hilarious! He also would like to know why power rangers are not one of the seven super heros. And by the way, can we get together with Jace and play today?

mandy carroll said...

I am sure Power Rangers will be added to the list shortly- I am surprised he hasn't mentioned them yet. But I am trying not to encourage him- repeating that list of good guys already makes me sweat!

mandy carroll said...

Thanks Katie- that background is just a big read fleece blanket that we have had for ages. I just threw it over the top of my portable backdrop stand. You could use a chair, too, or the back of a couch.

Tiffany said...

I found your family blog! You are so good. What a great way to deal with those kind of days. Thanks again for the Sammy pics. It really does help me do the same.

Betsy said...

I found your blog through Melanie's and thought I'd check it out since your FB doesn't have any pictures yet. What a cute family you have! I can't even believe how big Jace is, I don't even recognize him. How are you guys doing?

Melanie said...

These are so fun, Mandy. It seriously inspires me to actually do a photo shoot with my kid rather than the random snapshots I've been taking lately just to keep the grandparents satisfied.
Beautifully done. You're so incredibly talented.
I can't wait to see Ethan's!

Leanne said...

Wow-you have some serious talent in the photo-taking department! He looks so much like his dad! I loved your list and it sounds like he keeps you very entertained!