Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ice Skating

One of the highlights for Jace from our Utah trip last Christmas was learning to ice skate. My parents have a lake in their back yard that will occasionally freeze thick enough to ice skate on. We lucked out that last year was unusually cold during our stay so we got to break out the skates and hockey sticks and teach Jace how it was done. He had a blast! This brings back fond memories of my childhood- my sisters and I loved ice skating in the winter time! We would break out the battery operated tape player and make up ice routines to "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree". We would even sometimes put on tights and leg warmer and my mom had these fake turtle necks (the sleeveless ones that look like bibs) that we would wear as skirts- they were great for twirling:) Man, I wish I had a picture of that!

Uncle Zach helping him get his balance...

Getting brave!

And now ready for a break!

Good times!

No comments: