Pages

Friday, July 13, 2007

Nature































While Tim's parents were visiting last month, we did lots of site-seeing around here. These are just some nature shots I took.


We drove up the Blue Ridge Parkway and it was so beautiful! It had just rained and the clouds were starting to break up. They were so close to the ground and moving so fast through the valleys below- you could almost reach out and touch them! The next few are from Crabtree Falls. I wish I would've had my tripod with me so the foreground was nice and crisp, but I still love this effect- looks like a calendar shot, huh! The leaf is just my pathetic attempt to get a closeup of a water droplet- hard to do with a 5omm lens, but I still liked it. And the last two are from the world famous, 5-star Lake Monticello beach (don't look too closely at the water- not only is it dirty, but I had to photoshop out a lady doing the back stroke and some buoys!) It was such a beautiful day- it seems like we rarely have sunny days with blue skies and puffy clouds like this. Reminds me of the sky in Utah. Had to throw some sun flare in there too. I should probably stop doing these shots so much- I am sure it can't be too good for my lens.


That is it for now- I have lots more coming, so hopefully I will get to them this weekend!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Okay Mandy, these are just downright incredible! That bottom one with just the blue sky and cloud took my breath away. These are gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing.