Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2007

A barrell of fun!











I was supposed to have a shoot last night, but it was rained out. But the storm moved out quick, and I really wanted to take some pictures so I dragged Jace out into our muddy backyard to test out this old wine barrel. He was more than willing- he's always begging to go outside after it rains so he was shocked that I actually let him! Tim got this wine barrel from an building that he has been working on- it used to be some sort of restaurant. What a great husband, huh! Shows how well he knows me and my taste! I actually saw it in his car before he said anything about what it was and the first thing I thought was "WOW! I would love to use that for pictures!" So anyways, it has been sitting in our front yard for months acting as a decoration until last night! Doesn't it make a great prop? I just LOVE these- I know I said in my last post that those were my favs of Jace yet, but I think these are now! Gotta love that nose picking one too- what is it with kids picking their noses? It seems like every shoot I do I get a few of those in their! It must be natural- a perfect little finger pocket!
I really needed this yesterday though- I have had some tough toddlers lately and I needed to take some pics just for fun to remind myself that I really do love this! I used to think that taking pictures of my own kids was harder, but not anymore. Perhaps it is just because Jace has finally outgrown the difficult toddler phase, but he is so much easier to take pictures of! Five minutes outside and I got over 20 shots that I loved. I wish I could be this efficient with my clients! Oh well.
So hope you enjoy these! And if you want to see the rest of them, check them out on my flickr:
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Okay, Mandy, these are just incredible! I'm blown away! Awesome prop and amazing photos! Seriously, you seem to out-do yourself everytime!