Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Gifts fit for a king...



This morning while I was getting ready, Jace came into the bathroom with a handful of toys. He said to me, "Mommy, let's pretend like you are baby Jesus and I am a wise man coming to give you gifts." Smiling to myself (while making baby sounds), I held out my hands and this is what I got- a broken-wheeled Lightning McQueen, a mini-Lightning, Buzz Lightyear's arrow, a scary robot dude and a booger plunger(lol). At first glance, these are definitely not the most appropriate gifts for 'baby Jesus', but Jace giving up some of his most prized possessions (even if just for a few minutes) is something I am sure He will accept! This was just one of those sweet moments that reminded me of how special little kids are. And I am glad that I took a minute to stop what I was doing and record this.


I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! Be sure to check the bus. blog for a cute Christmas photo of the kids!

No comments: