Pages

Friday, December 7, 2007

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!





AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I can't believe it!!!! Just as I sat down to get back to work editing, my doorbell rang. No big suprise there- Mr. Brown (UPS) has come by nearly every day this week with client prints and christmas cards. But when I opened the door, it wasn't Mr. Brown! It was some other delivery person. My heart started pounding as I knew there was only one other thing I could think it might be. Sure enough, when I looked at the box, the return address said: Circuit City. I started shaking- literally! I could barely sign my name on that signature thingy! You should have seen me fumbling around for the first few minutes after I got inside: Where should I put it? Should I open it? Should I call Tim? Mel? Ashley? Should I take a picture of it? First I set it oh so carefully down. Then went on a wild goose hunt to find something to open the box with (I was a little flustered!) I am just so excited! At long last, my camera is here!!!!!



Meet my new best friend! The Nikon D300 (in all honesty I truly wish it was the D3, but hey- this is still a great upgrade for me!!!) Just look at that gold box in all it's glory(I associate gold Nikon boxes with happiness!)- I could just kiss it! I am sure many of you are thinking I am crazy to get so excited about this, but I have been carefully planning this upgrade for nearly 6 months!!! And my wait is finally over! Well, not quite- the stinkin' battery takes 4 hours to charge and by then it will be dark. But oh well, tonight I am just going to enjoy holding, caressing and staring at my new baby!!!! (and reading the manual- this thing is DIFFERENT than my little d70!) WOHOOOOO!!!!

8 comments:

Melanie said...

I can honestly say that it's beautiful. Congrats!!!! I can't wait to get my upgrade. However, we still have some things to finish up out here before I get to enjoy that.
I can't wait to see what you do with it! COongratulations Mandy!!!! I'm SO thrilled for you!

Anonymous said...

From Mandy's husband:
"I can't help feeling wildly jealous and not because I wish I had a camera like that. I may have to remind that camera who Mandy is married to."

camie said...

ha, hilarious!
i can really sense the love you have for the camera now.

mandy carroll said...

Yes, Tim had to kick 'D' (that is what I have affectionately named him) out of our bed last night. After a heated argument, 'D' and I slept on the couch. I wonder how our marriage will survive...

LOL!!!

Melanie said...

It's so sad that 'D' is being rejected by Tim so early into the relationship. Can't he just understand that there is room in your life (and bed) for both him and 'D'?!
LOL!

mandy carroll said...

LOL! I believe that Tim is dealing with a serious jealousy complex for which he needs professional help. First it was the scrapbooking supplies, then my B&H book and now this. I even suggested that we upgrade from a Queen size to a King, but he would not hear of it. I am at my whitt's(sp?) end. Heaven help us... I think I may write Dr. Phil tomorrow... I will let you all know how this pans out. And what Dr. Phil says...

Tim Carroll said...

Now let me defend myself before all you womenfolk jump all over me. If I got the same treatment as "D" I would gladly welcome "D" into the family, but until then "No D for you!"

Melanie said...

I think Mandy has been MORE than reasonable. I mean, offering to move up from a queen to a king bed is really extremely generous and thoughtful. As far as the B&H catalog, well, that's an important piece of classic literature. Definitely something that no person should be without, married or not and definitely something that needs to be read, studied, and absorbed for one's own health and well being.
Mandy, let me know how things go with Dr. Phil. We may have to face the same thing soon. . .Seth has a strange and unfounded jealousy complex as well when it comes to my camera, Adobe photoshop, and the B&H catalog. It's so hard to know what to do with these men! :P