Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Letter to my boys...

My dearest Jace and Ethan,

Looking at this photo, I can't help but feel so grateful for you two little boys! This is what my life is really all about- being a mom. Being your mom. I am so blessed to have you both in my life and to be able to spend each day with you. I get so easily distracted by life sometimes that I forget how precious and fleeting this time is that I have with you. And my biggest fear is that I will blink and realize that I did not cherish it enough or that I spent more time complaining about the frustrations than enjoying all the great things about watching you just be kids. I know that someday, Jace, you are going to stop asking me to help you build and knock over your big circle of dominoes or 'check out' your latest cool trick again. And you, Ethan, will stop doing your cute little toddler dance or bringing your shoes to me asking me, in grunts, finger points, and eyebrow furrows, to put them on your feet. It is all those little pieces of your unique personalities mixed into everyday life that make being a mom so special. And so, instead of complaining about messes or yelling at your sassiness or growling in frustration over some of the very frustrating things you do sometimes, I am determined to try a little harder to just enjoy being a mom. To play with you while you still want to play with me. And to spend less time worrying about myself and my 'to do' list and more time just enjoying being with you. I love you both so much! You are my everything!

Mom

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Gorgeous, priceless, incredible photo, Mandy. Simple stunning. I wish I had one like that of my boys. And your letter was beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I consider that Your site there is future!